Chapels Society member Ted Royle has brought a forthcoming publication to our attention:
Yorkshire Methodism: Essays to Commemorate the Jubilee Year of the Wesley Historical Society (Yorkshire). Edited by Edward Royle ~ Wesley Historical Society (Yorkshire) 2013.
This collection of five essays examines aspects of Methodism in Yorkshire since the eighteenth century.
- The Importance of Yorkshire Methodism: Members, Money and Ministers, John Lenton
- Methodism in Saddleworth, E. Alan Rose
- Glasshouses: a Nidderdale Wesleyan Model Village, D. Colin Dews
- Methodists at the Parish Pump: Methodism and Parochial, Township and Municipal Politics in Halifax, c.1825−c.1850, John A. Hargreaves.
- Aspects of Methodism in the East Riding, Edward Royle
This paperback volume, with over 100 pages of text and 25 illustrations, will be published to commemorate the Jubilee of the Wesley Historical Society (Yorkshire) on 19 February 2013, retailing at £5.00. For Chapels Society members who order and pay for a copy before that date the price is £4.00 (including P&P). Download an order form.